(WTRF) - A new partner has officially been named in a project that could possibly bring an ethane cracker plant to Belmont County.
Ohio Governor Kasich made the announcement Monday afternoon.
Daelim Industrial, a South Korean based company, is now officially on board with PTTGC America in the efforts to bring a petrochemical plant to the Ohio Valley.
Officials said a final investment decision has not been made, but they are hoping to reach a decision, soon.
The partnership with Daelim Industrial is key in bringing thousands of potential jobs to the Ohio Valley.
Daelim boasts their state-of-the-art technology in the field of petrochemical engineering.
Governor Kasich said he is very hopeful.
"This is a home run and it's right within our grasp. Today is a pivotal step," Kasich said.
Officials said that since this is a large and complex project, it will take time.
They are asking the people of Belmont County to be patient, and an official announcement on whether this project will be a reality will come by the end of the year.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'
- Turkish lawmakers switch parties in challenge to Erdogan
- Pakistan: Gunmen kill 2 Shiites in Quetta
- Macron to push Trump on Iran deal, says there's no 'Plan B'