WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) - Citizens of Wheeling will vote on a pay increase for city council members in the upcoming election.
Council voted at a public hearing Tuesday night to put the pay increase on the May ballot.
No one signed up to speak at the public hearing, but council did consider a written objection.
Vice Mayor Chad Thalman says the pay scale has not been adjusted since 1992, and the increase would adjust for inflation since then.
If approved, the increase would not take effect until 2020.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Thai court gives Japanese man custody of 13 surrogate kids
- Police name Netanyahu associates in Israeli corruption probe
- Iran TV airs images of site of airplane crash that killed 65
- EU advocate says Poland broke law by logging in forest