Number of servings
4 ounces 93/7 lean ground beef
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1 cup diced zucchini
1/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup diced Roma tomatoes
8 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
16 corn tortillas
1/4 pound reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
1 teaspoon ground cumin seed
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, ground
1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken stock
1 cup fat-free sour cream
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup light soy milk
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional garnish)
Heat oven to 325 F. Lightly grease 9x13-inch casserole dish.
Cook ground beef; strain fat. Set aside.
To make sauce: Toast spices for 2 minute or until fragrant. Add chicken stock and sour cream and bring to boil. Dissolve cornstarch in soy milk then add to the mixture and slowly return to a boil. Remove from heat.
Heat oil in pan and saute garlic for 1 minute. Add onion to pan, and saute until lightly brown. Add zucchini and peppers and cook 2 minutes longer while stirring. Remove from heat. Allow mixture to cool 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans, ground beef and 2 tablespoon of sauce. Mix well.
To assemble: Lay tortillas flat and lightly brush with a small amount of sauce. Place about 1/4 cup of filling mixture in each tortilla and roll up lightly. Place rolled tortillas in casserole dish. Top with remaining sauce. Grate cheese over the top.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 F. Serve immediately.
Source: Mayo Clinic
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Thai court gives Japanese man custody of 13 surrogate kids
- Police name Netanyahu associates in Israeli corruption probe
- Iran TV airs images of site of airplane crash that killed 65
- EU advocate says Poland broke law by logging in forest