SEATTLE, WA (KRON) — Don’t worry, echo owners–Amazon says Alexa has not become self-aware.
According to CNN, some Alexa users have reported that their devices have been randomly laughing over the last day.
The unprompted laughter consists of three short “ha” sounds in a female voice that does not resemble Alexa’s normal voice.
One Twitter user even reported an Amazon Echo that began listing the names of local funeral homes and cemeteries without prompting.
Amazon says it is aware of the issue and working to fix it.
The company did not say what is causing the problem or how many users are experiencing it.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Malaysia's leader says Rohingya not just a Myanmar issue
- Teen, man who often got her out of school located in Mexico
- Belmont County Firefighters and EMT's honored at awards dinner
- Prayer answered again: Loyola tops Tennessee on late jumper