JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ohio (WTRF) - A 13-year-old Jefferson County student is in custody after he allegedly made a threat to "shoot up the school".
According to our news partners with the Herald-Star, Sheriff's Deputies say the Buckeye Local Junior High School student made the threat on the school bus.
After questioning several other kids and parents, the Sheriff's Department took the boy into custody Wednesday, on a pending charge of inducing panic.
The Herald-Star reports that according to deputies, the child was on probation through juvenile court.
Deputies say that the boy's mother claimed her son has problems with other students at school, and that they are trying to get him into trouble.
According to the Herald-Star, deputies searched the residence and found two pocketknives.
We'll keep you updated.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- At least 4 dead in Philippine hotel fire, hundreds evacuated
- North Korean diplomat heads to Finland for US talks
- The Latest: Syrian Kurds deny Turkey has taken Afrin
- Russia votes as Vladimir Putin eyes 4th presidential term