BELMONT COUNTY, OHIO (WTRF) - A Cleveland man and a Wheeling woman are in the Belmont County Jail and a teenager is in the Sargus Juvenile Center after a drug raid at a motel room.
Officers seized heroin, crack, cash and cell phones.
Officials say 42-year-old James Humphrey of Cleveland is charged with possession, trafficking and endangering children.
They say 20-year-old Taylor Izatt of Wheeling is charged with complicity to trafficking.
And they say a 17-year-old girl is also charged with possession and trafficking.
"Last night around 2 a.m., deputies from the Sheriff's Office and the Major Crimes Unit initiated a search warrant on a room at the Red Roof Inn," said Chief Deputy James Zusack. "It was a good job they did last night. And we got drugs off the street, and money."
The chief said Taylor Izatt also had a warrant out for her arrest for failure to appear.
He says the drugs were clearly packaged for sale.
The Major Crimes Unit was acting on a tip that there were drug transactions going on in that room.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Xi reappointed as China's president with no term limits
- No. 16 UMBC stuns No. 1 Virginia 74-54 to make NCAA history
- Streets deserted, airport closes for Bali's Day of Silence
- Michael Flynn campaigns in 1st appearance since guilty plea