TAZEWELL, VA (WVNS) --
The combined efforts of the Tazewell County Sheriff's Office and the U.S. Marshall Service leads to the arrest of a suspected sexual predator. Michael A. Newell of Durant, Oklahoma was taken into custody on Wednesday, March 7, 2018.
Investigators raided a home and arrested Newell without incident. He was wanted from Ohio County, WV on charges of first degree sexual abuse against a child who was under 12-years-old and sexual abuse by a parent, guardian or custodian. The crimes were alleged to have happened between December 2015 and December 2017.
Newell is being held in the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Tazewell, VA without bond. He is awaiting extradition back to West Virginia.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- At least 4 dead in Philippine hotel fire, hundreds evacuated
- North Korean diplomat heads to Finland for US talks
- The Latest: Syrian Kurds deny Turkey has taken Afrin
- Russia votes as Vladimir Putin eyes 4th presidential term