ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio (WTRF) - On Thursday, dozens of residents had the chance to look for a good paying job in the fastest growing industry in our area.
It was all part of the Tri-State Natural Gas Job Fair.
The event was held at the JB. Martin Rec Center behind St. Clairsville High School.
People could meet with recruiters from Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio in the natural gas, oil and gas industries.
Many people told 7News they were excited about the options.
"It seems like these industries are growing in this area. I just moved here from Florida. There's a lot more opportunities here than where I came from," said Keith Petroski, Ohio Valley resident.
"The oil and gas industry is definitely growing here. It's actually hard to find people, which means that people are working. That's a good problem to have," added Mallory Kerr, HR Coordinator for Penn Mechanical Group.
Current jobs available in the tri-state area include:
- Class A & B CDL Drivers
- Diesel mechanics
- Heavy equipment operators
- Field Managers
- Production and pipeline operators
- FRAC operators
- Construction foreman
- Security positions
- Traffic control operators & more.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 2 feared dead after earthquake hits Osaka in western Japan
- Chicago TV host, athlete Brackett dies at 76 after bike fall
- Celebrations set for West Virginia's 155th birthday
- Dustin Johnson's US Open hopes fade on back 9