MONROE CO., Ohio (WTRF) - UPDATE:
The fire has been put out at the former Ormet plant in Monroe County.
Officials say the building that caught fire was scheduled to be torn down in the near future.
When crews arrived, they say flames were shooting 15-feet above the building.
Officials say that more information will be released on Friday.
Crews from several fire departments are responding to a fire at the old Ormet plant in Monroe County.
According to Monroe County Sheriff Charles Black, flames are shooting 15-feet above the roof of the building.
Officials are investigating the cause. At this time, officials are unsure if any chemicals were involved in the fire.
Crews from Sardis, Clarington, and New Martinsville are on the scene.
Stay with 7News for updates.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- At least 4 dead in Philippine hotel fire, hundreds evacuated
- North Korean diplomat heads to Finland for US talks
- The Latest: Syrian Kurds deny Turkey has taken Afrin
- Russia votes as Vladimir Putin eyes 4th presidential term