Multiple crews responded to the scene of a house fire on Highland Avenue Extension in Warwood Tuesday morning.
According to officials, the fire broke out at approximately 8:40 a.m.
The chief has confirmed that there were people inside of the home, but they were able to get out safely.
The house is reportedly a total loss.
Wheeling Fire Department says there were more crews than usual on scene due to the location of the house, and the ice on the roads.
A portion of Warwood Avenue/State Route 2 was closed in order to use the fire hydrants.
According to officials, the house sits outside the city limits, and West Liberty Volunteer Firefighters assisted.
Engine Co. 2, 5, 9, Squads 1 and 2, Rescue 1 and Ladder 1 all responded from the Wheeling Fire Department.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Stay with 7News for updates.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Michael Flynn campaigns for GOP congressional candidate
- Sessions fires former FBI Deputy Director McCabe
- Top-seeded Xavier easily handles Texas Southern 102-83
- Xi reappointed as China's president with no term limits