Interstate 70 Eastbound is back open after a three-car accident closed it for about 30 minutes Monday afternoon.
Ohio County Sheriff Tom Howard says the cars were traveling up two-mile hill when one car slowed down behind a tractor trailer.
He says this caused the two following cars to crash.
One car was able to drive away, but two had to be towed.
Howard says two people suffered non-life threatening injuries and were transported to a local hospital.
According to Sheriff Tom Howard, one lane of I-70 east near Mile Marker 10 has been re-opened after a two vehicle accident.
Originally it was reported to 7News that the accident occurred near exit 10, but sources now clarify that the accident occurred near Mile Marker 10.
Drivers may experience slowed traffic while traveling through that area, and should use caution.
Stay with 7News as more information becomes available.
According to Ohio County Sheriff Tom Howard, a portion of I-70 east is shut down due to a two vehicle accident.
Howard says the accident occurred near exit 10 along I-70.
Drivers should use caution when traveling through the area.
No further details have been released.
Stay with 7News as information becomes available.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- German foreign minister pushes for return to strong US ties
- Carvalhal draws a blank as Sheffield Wednesday holds Swansea
- Kovalchuk scores twice, Russians outclass US 4-0 at Olympics
- US Navy says it won't be deterred by Chinese-built islands