STEUBENVILLE, Ohio (WTRF) - Diocese of Steubenville Bishop Jeffrey Monforton has announced that during an external audit and recent reorganization of the diocese's finance office, potential accounting irregularities have been discovered.
The issue involves the payroll system, and the Bishop has engaged with outside legal counsel and an accounting firm to conduct an investigation.
Pending completion of the investigation, the diocese will suspend any major financial expenditures, including the Holy Name Cathedral renovation project.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Poole's buzzer-beating sends Michigan past Houston, 64-63
- Mueller now has memos McCabe kept on Trump dealings
- 'Mr. Fix-It': China's new VP has tackled thorniest of crises
- Store owner: Thieves swipe birds worth thousands of dollars