WHEELING, W.V.A. (WTRF) - Wheeling resident Dalton Haas has officially announced his run for West Virginia House of Delegates.
He will be running on the Republican ticket for the Third District seat.
Haas says he decided to run because he is tired of people leaving West Virginia to move to other states.
He says he thinks the state has a promising future, but that young people need more reasons to stay.
Haas is a young candidate, only in his 20s, but he says that works to his benefit.
"We have eight people currently in the House that are under the age of 30, and I think people in West Virginia are starting to see a little bit of a change with our youth, that they're actually wanting to step up and take charge. They probably see it the way I do. They're tired of seeing people leave, and they want our state to do well because we hold a special place in our heart for West Virginia," said Haas.
Haas says he believes state and local government should work more closely together, especially on economic development and bringing more businesses and jobs to the state.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- British judge sentences prolific pedophile to 38 years
- Community aids Short Creek residents in need
- The Latest: Trump supports improving gun background checks
- Spain set for ECB post after Ireland withdraws candidate