CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) - UPDATE: 1/1/2018 1:03 P.M.
Police have identified the man found dead on a Charleston residence's porch yesterday.
According to CPD Chief Steve Cooper, the victim was identified as Clyde Chester Parsons, 52, of Charleston.
His body was found just before noon near the 1800 block of 7th Avenue on a residence's porch.
Police say that Parsons was known to be homeless.
Investigators do not believe foul play is involved.
Officers are urging everyone in the city to seek shelter during freezing temperatures. Resources are available, they said.
Stay with 13 News for more on this developing story.
A man was found frozen on the front porch of a home on Charleston's West Side, according to the city's Chief of Police, Steve Cooper.
Police were called to the scene, along the 1800 block of 7th Avenue just before noon on December 31.
Neighbors said they saw the man purchasing liquor yesterday. The unidentified man, according to police, was homeless.
No word on how long the man had been on the porch before the 911 call came in. His name has not been released.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Ohio County Schools prepare for work stoppage
- Advocacy group sues Justice for prison policy files
- Venezuela's digital coin makes debut
- Italy warns of election threat as rival parties court Russia