A fire in Brooke County on Tuesday has left one family without a home.
A two-story home on Clifton Street in Follansbee was fully engulfed when crews arrived shortly after noon on Tuesday.
According to Follansbee Police Chief Larry Rea, it was the home of James Wallace, his fiance and her 8-year-old son.
Chief Rae says the son spotted smoke around a window. They then realized the fire originated in the basement.
All three people managed to get out of the home safely, however, they were transported to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.