Bellaire Students Overdose on Breath Freshener - WTRF 7 News Sports Weather - Wheeling Steubenville

Bellaire Students Overdose on Breath Freshener

Posted: Updated:

An overuse of an over-the-counter product has left a few local students sick.

It's called "sweet breath," and four students at Bellaire Middle School tried drinking a bottle instead of a drop.

One boy was so sick from the overdose of breath spray that he was taken to the hospital. Three others called their parents to take them home.

The ingredients list alcohol as the main ingredient, but it is denatured alcohol, not the beverage.

WTRF spoke with the mother of the teen who was taken to the hospital.

She says her son had no idea he would get so sick and will not touch that product again.