According to the Steubenville Fire Department's Assistant Fire Chief, a fire broke out at a home on Merryman Avenue at about 8:30 a.m. Sunday. All residents of the home escaped the burning building, and The Red Cross is relocating the family.
Authorities say no injuries were caused by the fire, but icy conditions caused one person on scene to slip and fall. That person was treated at a local emergency room according to authorities.
While firefighters say the home was not a total loss, they report the extensive damage to the home is believed to be caused by a wood burner. They indicated to 7News the chimney collapsed and ignited the home.