There's a happy ending for the dog that was discovered in the basement of a house fire in Martins Ferry.
The Collie-German Shepherd mix has been adopted by a Martins Ferry firefighter who was on the scene of that fire.
He and his wife have named him "Sparky."
Officials say Sparky is responding to treatment for an eye infection and lung infection he suffered in the fire, and he's getting better every day.
The vet says Sparky is two to five years old.
His new owners say he is a great dog, and is already housebroken.
His original owner gave him up for adoption after she lost her home in the fire.