Red Cross Aiding Bellaire Resident After Early Morning House Fir - WTRF 7 News Sports Weather - Wheeling Steubenville

Red Cross Aiding Bellaire Resident After Early Morning House Fire, Residents Left Without Water

Posted: Updated:

A fire in Bellaire early Tuesday morning led to a broken hydrant, leaving much of west Bellaire without water.

At about 2:30 a.m. Tuesday morning, the Belmont County Sheriff's Department received a call about a house fire on 129 and Third Avenue in Bellaire.

According to authorities, the fire was concentrated in, and possibly started, in the living room. The Bellaire Fire Department was able to quickly put out the flames and the home was not a complete loss.

Authorities believe there was only one resident living at the home who is not injured and is being aided by the Red Cross.

According to the Bellaire Water Department, the valve on the hydrant was broken as crews hooked up to it early this morning, All west Bellaire residents are under a 24-hour boil advisory as of 8 a.m. Tuesday. Low pressure may also be experienced.