WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) - The Ohio River is beginning to recede Sunday morning, but it still remains above flood stage in many areas across the Ohio Valley.
Officials remind residents in flood-prone areas to be cautious when returning to their homes and to keep an eye out for road closings.
A list of recorded official crest times and water levels according to the National Weather Service can be found below.
- Ohio River at Pike Island Lock and Dam crested at 39.79 ft at approximately 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 17.
- Ohio River at Wheeling crested at 38.93 ft at approximately 1:00 a.m. on Sunday, February 18.
- Ohio River at Moundsville crested at 40.7 ft at approximately 1:00 a.m. on Sunday, February 18.
- Ohio River at Hannibal Lock and Dam crested at 35.61 ft at approximately 6:00 a.m. on Sunday, February 18.
- Last recorded Ohio River level at Wellsburg was at 9:26 a.m. on Saturday, February 17 at 38 ft.
For current Ohio River levels, visit the National Weather Service website.