Donate To Hometown Healthcare Heroes

Boy Taken To Hospital After Touching Unknown Substance In Halloween Candy

Archives
11271851_G_1127185171

A boy was taken to the hospital Monday evening after touching an unknown substance in Halloween candy.  

According to Sgt. Richard White, of the Clarksburg Police Department, the boy opened the candy, broke one and noticed it had powder inside.

The boy said the powder burned his finger. 

White said the boy was taken to United Hospital Center and the unknown powder is currently being tested. 

Police stress that as of now, only one incident has been reported. 

The boy and his family were trick or treating in the Nutter Fort, Stonewood and Anmoore areas.

Police encourage parents to check their children’s candy and set any questionable pieces aside.

Stay with 7News as we continue to follow this developing story. 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

video

More Video

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

More Top News

WTRF 7News Twitter