Firefighters responded to a gas line fire in Jefferson County early Monday.
According to officials, no one was injured during the fire at a downtown Steubenville business.
Firefighters believe the line was accidentally cut during some demolition work at the rear of the Ace Optical at 151 and 153 North 4th street.
Fire Chief Carlo Capaldi says there is significant fire damage to the back of the store as-well-as water and smoke damage to another.
He reminds people to be cautious during this type of work.
“Nothing was intentional. Like I said, it’s always a good idea to locate the gas and power lines when you’re doing any demo work, but it’s under investigation. I don’t know what the cause was,” said Chief Capaldi.
Luckily no damage was done to the business part of Ace Optical, but they won’t be able to re-open for business until an electrician comes in to assess the damage.