Dillonvale Family Loses Possessions in Storage Home Fire

Archives
6307205_G_630720571

 A family in Dillonvale lost everything inside of a house they were using to store personal belongings and memorabilia. The house is located behind the Buckeye Local Bus Garage, and caught fire on Friday morning.

Fire Chief Bryan Pensis says his crew had to cut a makeshift door to get into the side of the house due to the amount of personal belongings inside of the residence blocking the main door, making it harder to fight the fire.

“There was a lot of keepsakes that the family had accumulated for years and they were piled quite high in the house once the fire gets behind that we dont have a choice but to start moving stuff out and start soaking the stuff down with water.”

Chief Pensis said he believes the fire was electrical in nature. Fortunately, no one was inside when the fire started.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

video

More Video

Ohio Lottery

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

More Top News

WTRF 7News Twitter