Dryer Likely Cause of House Fire on Franklin Street in Bellaire, OH

Archives
7346842_G_734684271

A home in Bellaire is likely being ruled a total loss after an appliance caught fire about 2 p.m. at 4211 Franklin Street.

Bellaire Fire Chief Bill Swoyer says when they arrived, heavy flames could be seen coming from the back of the house and along the roof line. 

The homeowners’ daughter, Marcy Hogan was inside when the fire started.  She says she noticed flames coming from behind a dryer and attempted to put them out with a blanket, but was unsuccessful. When a volunteer firefighter arrived with a fire extinguisher, she says the flames were out of control and they were told to leave the house.  

Swoyer went on to say the home appears to be a total loss.

Firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading to a neighbors home.

The State Fire Marshal has been called to investigate. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

video

More Video

Pizza Card

Pro Football Challenge

Ohio Lottery

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

More Top News

WTRF 7News Twitter