Family Sends Warning After Dog Eats Christmas Ornament, Dies

Archives
9497093_G_949709371

One family is mourning the loss of their dog after she ate a Christmas ornament.

The 2.5-year-old dog ate an ornament made out of salt dough that her owners, Larry and Hope Pospisil, made with their daughter, Alice.

The salt content in the ornament is toxic to dogs and cats.

In a Facebook post, Hope described her dog, Lexi, as “shaking uncontrollably. She couldn’t even make it back up the stairs, as she fell backwards.”

The Pospisil’s were then faced with a difficult decision.

Hope went on in her post to say that Lexi had a body temperature of 107 degrees, which was causing neurological damage.

According to Larry, the dog was “constantly seizing in her kennel, urinating, and foaming at the mouth.”

The couple then decided that it was best to have Lexi humanely euthanized.

Hope shared this news with the intention of warning people of potential dangers around the house during the holidays for pets.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

video

More Video

Ohio Lottery

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

More Top News

WTRF 7News Twitter