Local Family Shares Concerns After Oven Explodes on Thanksgiving

Archives
9402658_G_940265871

A family in St. Clairsville was shocked when their oven exploded during their family meal on Thanksgiving.

The glass from the Kenmore Elite oven shattered all throughout the kitchen, reaching as far as 18 feet. Les Kovach, the homeowner, said he was covered with glass, and his small grandson was around at the time and was worried he could’ve been blinded. 

Kovach said he contacted the store where he purchased the oven on December 1st and talked to eight different people before being transferred to customer relations. He was offered a replacement for the glass for close to $200 and the store said they would arrange for a serviceman to diagnose the problem all at additional charges. Kovach just says he would love to come a resolution.

“It’s no longer a question of replacing the glass I can do that. But it’s a question of safety. How many people have this time bomb in their house?”  said Kovach. 

We’ve reached out to the store where Kovach bought the appliance and we’re waiting for a response.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

video

More Video

Direct TV

Job and Career Fair

Click to Enter

Ohio Lottery

Trending Stories

More Top News

WTRF 7News Twitter