AKRON, Ohio (AP) – The mother and grandmother of a teen who died from a heroin overdose at an Ohio hotel have been indicted on involuntary manslaughter charges.
Authorities also confirmed Tuesday that 16-year-old Andrew Frye died from injecting heroin at a suburban Akron hotel in early April.
Prosecutors say his mother, Heather Frye, and grandmother, Brenda Frye, and the mother’s friend were in the room with the teen before he died.
The mother’s friend was indicted on involuntary manslaughter and reckless homicide charges.
There were no telephone listings for the women, who are from the Akron area. Court records don’t list an attorney for them.
Prosecutors say the boy’s grandmother got the heroin from her boyfriend. He’s been charged with possession of heroin.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.