General Mills announced a voluntary national recall of four specific flavors of Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bars and Nature Valley Simple Nut Bars.
This recall is a part of sunflower kernel supplier SunOpta’s ongoing national recall for the potential presence of Listeria monocytogenes. There have been no confirmed illnesses from these bars at this time.
Consumers are recommended to discard products covered by this recall, and they may contact General Mills Consumer Relations at 1-866-896-4365 for a replacement.
“We know this is inconvenient for consumers who love these four flavors,” said Anton Vincent, President of General Mills Snacks Division. “We promise they will return as soon as it is safe to do so.”
The voluntary recall includes the following products:
- Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bar – Honey, Peanut & Almond with Pumpkin Seeds – 5 count
- Package UPC: 000-16000-47196
- Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bar-Peanut, Almond & Dark Chocolate – 5 count
- Package UPC: 000-16000-45724
- Nature Valley Simple Nut Bar – Almond, Cashew & Sea Salt – 4 count
- Package UPC: 000-16000-46474
- Nature Valley Simple Nut Bar-Almond, Cashew & Sea Salt – 25 count
- Package UPC: 000-16000-41301
- Nature Valley Simple Nut Bar – Roasted Peanut & Honey – 4 count
- Package UPC: 000-16000-46475
- Nature Valley Simple Nut Bar – Roasted Peanut & Honey – 16 count
- Package UPC: 000-16000-41308