Ohio boy electrocuted while conducting YouTube experiment

Archives
10373744_G_1037374471

By LISA CORNWELL
Associated Press

Authorities have identified a 15-year-old Ohio boy who they say was electrocuted while attempting to conduct an experiment he saw on YouTube.

An Erie County sheriff’s deputy confirmed Wednesday that Morgan Wojciechowski’s parents found him Tuesday in the garage of their Vermilion Township home. Chief Deputy Jared Oliver says authorities weren’t sure whether the parents heard something or just went to check on their son.

Emergency crews were called and took the boy to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Oliver says the teen apparently was trying to conduct an experiment called Jacob’s Ladder involving a high-voltage traveling arc of electricity between two points.

Oliver says he was doing the experiment on his own and it wasn’t a school assignment.

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

video

More Video

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

More Top News

WTRF 7News Twitter