OHSAA Ruling Against St. John’s Central Upheld

Archives
9032557_G_903255771
Countdown To The Draft
April 29 2021 08:00 pm

The Ohio High School Athletic Association has upheld the ruling that Bellaire St. John’s will forfeit four wins this year.

The OHSAA said the team used an ineligible player earlier this year.   

The Diocese of Steubenville actually appealed that ruling, giving the association new information on the situation.

But that didn’t change the ruling.

“The bylaws of the member schools of the OHSAA are very clear that all contests in which an ineligible student participates must be forfeited,” said Assistant Commissioner Roxanne Price.

“This decision is unchanged by the few ‘new’ pieces of information that was recently provided,” Price added.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

video

More Video

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

More Top News

WTRF 7News Twitter