The 2015 City and CDBG Street Hot-Mix Asphalt Resurfacing Program in Steubenville is scheduled to begin Tuesday, June 2.
The project will begin at 7 a.m. and continue daily throughout the week. The initial work will involve the removal of the existing asphalt surface using a cold milling process. After preparation, a new hot-mix asphalt surface will be placed a few weeks later.
The Project Streets will be posted “NO PARKING” at least one day in advance. If vehicles are left on the street, vehicles will be towed and owners will be responsible for towing and storage fees.
Streets included will be:
– WOODLAWN ROAD from Oregon Avenue to University Boulevard
– PERSHING AVENUE from Brady Avenue to Woodlawn Road
– PERSHING AVENUE from Woodlawn Road to Columbus Circle
– ROOSEVELT AVENUE from Brady Avenue to Woodlawn Road
– ROOSEVELT AVENUE from Woodlawn Road to Kendall Avenue
– COLUMBUS CIRCLE from Kendall Avenue to Pershing Avenue
– OPAL BOULEVARD from Sunset Boulevard to Braybarton Boulevard
– GLENDWELL ROAD from Opal Boulevard to South Terminus
– CENTRAL AVENUE from Johnson Road to Glendwell Road
The City has contracted with Shelly & Sands, Inc. of Rayland, Ohio to do this project and is funded using the 0.7% City Income Tax Revenue and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).