With school starting this week, school bus drivers are reminding students of important safety rules to follow on the bus.
Bus aide Rita Vineyard says many students forget basic safety rules because of the excitement that comes with the first day back. Here are a few Vineyard says you need to remember:
- Walk never run both on and around the school bus
- Wait for your school bus driver to motion you across the street if you need to cross the road
- Stand several feet away from the school bus doors before they open
- Use the handrails when getting on and off the school bus
- Always sit with your bottom to the bottom of the seat and your back to the back of the seat
- Never stand on your seat
- No kicking, punching or screaming
And of course, always listen to the bus driver.