Charleston, W.Va. (WTRF)- As of 8/31/2020, Brooke County is operating under the “yellow category” on the WV County Alert Map.
According to the WV DOE, Counties in the yellow will have local education leaders work with county health departments to determine increased mitigation measures such as:
- Required masks for grades 3 and above in congregant settings where social distancing is limited
- Increased hand washing and hygiene protocols.
- Increased student cohorting by limiting exposure outside of core groups.
- Limiting activities where social distancing is not feasible.
- Increased community engagement to prevent escalation of disease
All other Ohio Valley counties are currently in the “green category.”
The color-coding system will be used in West Virginia amid the coronavirus pandemic to decide whether each county will be allowed to restart in-person classes.
The only county in red in WV is Monroe.
There are five counties in orange: Monongalia, Mingo, Logan, Kanawha and Fayette.
- LISTEN: It ain’t West Virginia, it’s South Dakota, ‘Country Roads’ gets remade for South Dakota Gov.
- Dream Team: Olympic shot put hopeful coached by wife
- Sunday’s men’s soccer match against SIU Edwardsville canceled
- Waitress dies after shooting at Canton Bob Evans; search for suspect continues
- Woman says she drowned children to protect them