PARKERSBURG, W.Va. (AP) — Attendance at West Virginia high school football games will be limited to family members of players and coaches during the first few weeks of the season.
The Secondary School Activities Commission released guidelines Friday for sports competitions and extracurricular activities.
The guidelines are based on the state’s color-coded re-entry map for public schools during the coronavirus pandemic.
Immediate household family members will be allowed into football games involving counties in the green category, while only parents and guardians can attempt games in counties in the yellow category.
No games are allowed if a county is in the orange or red category.
- DeWine: Delayed test reporting partial reason for large jump in cases
- Gov. Wolf limits bars, restaurants on Thanksgiving eve
- Sen. Rob Portman argues for ‘seamless’ transition process to Joe Biden
- Brooke County moves into “red” advisory on WV County Alert Map; offers free testing
- Coronavirus in Ohio Monday update: 11,885 new cases, state surpasses 6,000 deaths