WHEELING, W.VA (WTRF)- Congrats to the Bellaire Big Reds Cole Porter on being named our Robinson Auto group SportsZone athlete of the week. Porter carried the ball 29 times for 140 yards, and hauled double duty, seeing some time as a wildcat quarterback, and also throwing a TD pass. Porter also had an interception, helping lead the Big Reds to a 12-6 victory over Shadyside, snapping the Big Reds 7 game losing streak. Congrats to Cole Porter, our athlete of the week.
“I try to play as hard as I can,” said Porter. “I look up to all of the people that did. I just want to be that guy that’s the tough one out there that just doesn’t quit.”
“He did a super job. He carried the ball like 29 times for us with Bobby Roth being out and a freshman QB, so we had to use him in the eye formation, a lot in the wildcat too, said Coach Spigarelli. “When he is able to run the ball he is like a man among boys, he wants the ball in his hands and when he does he does great things for us.”
- Wheeling Park’s Heller Athlete Of The Week
- Baylor hunting first-ever win at West Virginia
- River Pilots The Defelice Brothers Pizza Team Of The Week
- Wheeling Park Golf Wins Fourth Straight Regional Golf Title
- WVU will welcome fans back to game on Oct. 17 at limited capacity