BELMONT COUNTY (WTRF) — Traffic was backed up for miles on interstate 70 westbound Friday night in the Barnesville and Morristown area due to a commercial truck fire according to an official with the Ohio State Highway Patrol.
The incident happened at mile marker 200 westbound just before 9 p.m. Friday when a fire started in a box trailer of a commercial vehicle.
The Barnesville Fire Department and Ohio Department of Transportation responded to the scene.
There were no injuries said officials.
Traffic on the interstate remained restricted overnight with only one lane opening up after midnight and both lanes not reopening until 7 a.m. Saturday according to officials.
- Las Vegas family hopeful that remains found at Lake Mead are Army veteran who drowned saving wife
- Single men are ‘the loneliest they’ve been in generations,’ study says
- Salman Rushdie on ventilator, will likely lose an eye after New York stabbing
- It may look stunning, but officials want you to kill this bug if you see it
- Perseid meteor shower late tonight: How to watch