BELMONT COUNTY (WTRF) — Traffic was backed up for miles on interstate 70 westbound Friday night in the Barnesville and Morristown area due to a commercial truck fire according to an official with the Ohio State Highway Patrol.
The incident happened at mile marker 200 westbound just before 9 p.m. Friday when a fire started in a box trailer of a commercial vehicle.
The Barnesville Fire Department and Ohio Department of Transportation responded to the scene.
There were no injuries said officials.
Traffic on the interstate remained restricted overnight with only one lane opening up after midnight and both lanes not reopening until 7 a.m. Saturday according to officials.
- Police investigation on route 250 near Tappan Lake
- New York Post writer wouldn’t put name on Hunter Biden laptop story, employees say he had credibility doubts
- Voters line up for early voting in Kanawha County
- Senate Republicans introduce amendment to prevent ‘packing’ of Supreme Court
- Officer photographed wearing President Trump mask at polling place