UPDATE: 8:00 a.m. (10/17) I-70 westbound is now reopened.
UPDATE: 9:45 p.m. (10/16)
The Ohio State Highway Patrol now confirms that five vehicles were involved in a crash on I-70 westbound near milepost 217 this evening.
There were two cars, two SUVs and one water-hauling tanker truck used for the gas and oil business.
The Cumberland Trail Fire Department and Ohio State Highway Patrol responded to the scene.
On person was transported to the hospital.
BELMONT COUNTY (WTRF) –The Ohio Department of Transportation reports that I-70 westbound is closed past the mall exit past I-470 due to a vehicle crash.
There is no word on when the highway will reopen.
Stay with 7News for updates,
- Days away: We’re counting down to daylight saving and extra sleep
- Coronavirus in Ohio: State sets new record for daily COVID-19 cases Saturday
- Belmont County Health Department reports latest COVID-19 update
- Pres. Trump, Biden to hold campaign events in battleground states
- Nashville mom, stepson charged in killing of 14-year-old boy with autism