BELMONT COUNTY, Ohio (WTRF) – The driver has been arrested after an accident on I-470 on Monday afternoon where a body was discovered at the scene.
Authorities in Belmont County say 36-year-old David Allen Saunders was ejected from a car when it veered off the road and hit a sign near Exit 214.
First, officials believed he died as a result of the accident, but then learned that wasn’t the case.
Saunders was reported missing on Monday to St. Clairsville police.
The warrant states that after a coroner examination of the passenger, Saunders, had been dead for several hours or longer.
Cause of death is unknown at this time.
The warrant also says Polen was presumably under the influence of drugs at the crash.
Polen remains in the Northern Regional Jail without bond.
This is a developing story, so stay with 7News for any updates.
- Man accused of cutting out dog’s heart in ritual to clear demons from home
- No evidence Capitol rioters belong to antifa movement, FBI chief Wray testifies
- With rising stakes, No. 6 Mountaineers finally get shot at No. 3 Baylor
- ODH signs orders allowing 25% indoor capacity, 30% outdoor capacity at sports, entertainment venues
- No charges after klan flag hangs next to Black family’s home