While the county commission is optimistic about the cracker plant…another local organization does not share their opinion.
Concerned Ohio River Residents or CORR has raised numerous concerns about the plant and its effects on local community health. CORR states that the economic benefits of the plant do not outweigh the costs.
CORR feels that the Ohio Valley is a source of renewable energy and would like to see the areas resources invested in a different industries.
Concerned Ohio River Residents squarely agrees that we need to be making good investments and Daelims decision to withdrawal their investment proves that this plastic cracker plant is not a good investment.Dr. Vincent DeGeorge & Bev Reed
Community Organizers and Liasons, CORR
CORR recommends some of those investments be in the local tourism industry and in sources of clean, renewable energy for the Ohio Valley and its residents.
- Partly cloudy to start, but clouds will build later on
- Twentieth annual Back-to-School Fun Fair in Marshall County is a drive-thru success
- Survivors of former OSU doctor’s sex abuse object to dismissal filing
- Mountain State Catholic Schools prepare for COVID-19 changes to school year
- Wetzel County adds emergency sirens to alert system