Wheeling, W.Va. (WTRF)- A man charged with abuse of a corpse faced an extradition hearing this morning.
31-year-old John Polen waived his extradition rights in Ohio County.
He was involved in a presumed fatal car crash earlier this week along I-470.
However, authorities determined that the victim was already dead prior to the accident.
An autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow but officials say it will be a while before police expect a full report.
Polen will now face charges in Belmont County.
- Vote for the WTRF CA House Band of The Week
- Police investigation on route 250 near Tappan Lake
- New York Post writer wouldn’t put name on Hunter Biden laptop story, employees say he had credibility doubts
- Voters line up for early voting in Kanawha County
- Senate Republicans introduce amendment to prevent ‘packing’ of Supreme Court