BELLAIRE, Ohio (WTRF) – Two homes in Bellaire were damaged by a fire earlier this month, and two of the heroes from that day were honored this evening at the Bellaire Council meeting.
Lieutenant J.J. Watson of the Bellaire Police and Diane Duda were honored for their heroic rescue of two people upstairs in one of the homes. Diane spotted the flames as she was driving by the house fires, when Officer Watson pulled up behind her.
The two lead those individuals in the house to safety.
- Days away: We’re counting down to daylight saving and extra sleep
- Coronavirus in Ohio: State sets new record for daily COVID-19 cases Saturday
- Belmont County Health Department reports latest COVID-19 update
- Pres. Trump, Biden to hold campaign events in battleground states
- Nashville mom, stepson charged in killing of 14-year-old boy with autism