UPDATE: 7News had the wrong dates for the free testing, they have been updated.
BROOKE COUNTY, W.VA. (WTRF) — Officials with the Brooke County Health Department announced the second round of free COVID 19 testing. It will take place on August 14th and 15th, on the campus of Bethany College at Hummel Field House.
It’s part of Governor Jim Justice’s minority testing initiative, to increase testing opportunities for minorities and others. You do not have to be a West Virginia resident to get tested.
It’s just an initiative to get each county throughout the State of West Virginia that opportunity to get free testing.April Eltringham. Office Manager, Brooke County Health Dept.
The first round of testing, in the county, took place just a few weeks ago.
Around 537 people were tested with just eight testing positive.
Testing will take place on August 14-15 between the hours of 9 AM and 4 PM.
- Police: Shooting outside Detroit strip club leaves 6 wounded
- Authorities: Man requested money to shoot police
- 1 killed, 3 injured in stabbing attack at West Virginia home
- Zach’s Monday Morning Update
- Last day of warmth for the Valley and the chance for rain returns