“Unlocking the Future”: Moundsville to decide on new city logo

Community

With recent changes and development announced in Moundsville, it’s only fitting the city get a new logo too. 

At Wednesday night’s City Council meeting, five potential logos were presented. 

Each of the five uses the phrase “Unlocking the Future”, a phrase that Mayor Phil Remke said he saw on the city’s 2014 Comprehensive Plan. 

“On the very last page it says unlocking the future,” he explained. “And I kept saying to myself ‘unlocking the future, unlocking the future’ and I can’t figure out where I heard that. As I was reading the comprehensive plan I seen it said unlocking the future.” 

Currently there are several logos used throughout the city, but Remke hopes to decide on a new one very soon. 

“What a better feeling this is right now because of everything that’s happening in Moundsville,” he said. “Moundsville has never seen the development that is coming to our town in many many years.” 

With Council’s approval, all five logos will be put out to the public for a vote through social media. 

Stay with 7News for any updates or follow the City of Moundsville’s Facebook page

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

video

More Video

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

More Top News

WTRF 7News Twitter