(ENGLAND) The resourceful and strong Saint Bernard is a breed of dog famous for its mountain rescues.
But recently, one of these giant dogs found herself in need of rescue atop England’s tallest mountain.
Daisy, a female Saint Bernard, collapsed while descending Scaffell Pike with her owners.
A mountain rescue team spent nearly 5 hours taking turns carrying the 121 pound dog down the mountain to safety.
With the aid of a stretcher and plenty of dog treats, Daisy made her way off the mountain and is expected to make a full recovery.
- Three Mountaineers finish action at ISSF World Cup
- McCabe shoots 4-under on first day at The Hootie
- Passenger detained at LAX after opening plane’s emergency exit, deploying slide: police
- Daniel Radcliffe, longtime partner Erin Darke expecting their first child together: reports
- Bilal Marshall is back “like I never left”