(ENGLAND) The resourceful and strong Saint Bernard is a breed of dog famous for its mountain rescues.
But recently, one of these giant dogs found herself in need of rescue atop England’s tallest mountain.
Daisy, a female Saint Bernard, collapsed while descending Scaffell Pike with her owners.
A mountain rescue team spent nearly 5 hours taking turns carrying the 121 pound dog down the mountain to safety.
With the aid of a stretcher and plenty of dog treats, Daisy made her way off the mountain and is expected to make a full recovery.
- Biden to focus on health care in Supreme Court debate
- Oldest living Marine celebrates 107th birthday
- GOP Senator Lisa Murkowski says she’ll oppose Supreme Court nomination before Election
- Sweden spared surge of virus cases but many questions remain
- Drenning: Defense key in West Virginia’s upcoming Big 12 opener