WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – The 21st Auggie’s 5k Run and Walk takes place Saturday morning.
The annual event benefits the Ohio County Animal Shelter.
Participants run and walk along the Wheeling Heritage Trail, beginning and ending at Warwood Middle School.
The first 200 runners and walkers who preregistered by October 1 received a free t-shirt, designed by Wheeling Park High School student, Kendal Rownd.
Hoodies and hats will be available for purchase this weekend.
Following the race, there will be refreshments and door prizes.
The ‘Top 3’ male and female finishers will receive a gift certificate and custom medallion, crafted by Sherry Stauver.
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017
- Alexa’s Evening Weather Forecast
- “Walk to End Alzheimer’s” goes on even in Pandemic
- ‘Pumpkins are like people’: Ohio Valley farmer chimes in on picking the perfect one
- Over 88,000 West Virginians voting absentee so far this year