St. Patrick’s Day is a time of celebration for many, but when some celebrate a bit too much, the holiday can turn deadly.
According to AAA East Central, planning ahead to avoid DUI can keep you and others safe throughout the weekend.
Here are some tips for avoiding DUI:
- Make transportation arrangements before you head out for the night. Some options include;
- Designate a driver.
- Take a cab, Uber or Lyft.
- Utilize local public transit.
- Rent a hotel room or stay overnight where you are.
- Take the car keys away from friends and relatives who have had too much to drink.
- Commit to never driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
AAA also advises, if you suspect a driver is under the influence, stay as far behind their vehicle as possible and as soon as it’s safe to do so, pull over and call 911.