WEIRTON, W.Va. (WTRF) – They are the ones that are on the front line and during the outbreak some may be weary about going home.
Fairfield by Marriott in Weirton is offering $59 a night rooms for police, fire, EMS and healthcare workers who may be worried about going home and exposing their families.
This is their way to have a safe and clean place to stay and rest after their long shifts.
And to make them feel a little bit more like home the hotel is leaving goodie bags with snacks for their stay.
General Manager Barb Barkley says this is their way to give back.
we want to give back to the community. The community has always supported us here at the Fairfield. So we want to be able to support our communityBarb Barkley – General Manager of Fairfield by Marriott of Weirton
And I feel that if they are concerned for the safety of their families friends whatever it may be they feel the need to not go home that gives them the ability to do that and the city would work anyway they could to help them provide that.Kevin Himmelrick – Fire chief for the city of Weirton
To be able to receive this offer you must provide a valid ID or badge.
- Texas woman says she was fired by Whataburger for wearing a Black Lives Matter mask
- Coronavirus in WV: DHHR confirms 190 new COVID-19 cases, two additional deaths
- Here’s the story behind those electrified ‘e-shields’ authorities were carrying during Memphis protests
- Say Her Name protest held for Breonna Taylor in Morgantown
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders