WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – The firefighting community paid tribute to one of its own Thursday, honoring a life of service to the community.
John Gregory “Greg” Hinzey passed away earlier this week.
He spent his lifetime as a firefighter, most recently as a member of the Wheeling Fire Department for 25 years.
He was also the former Chief and EMS Captain of the Neffs Volunteer Fire Department, a registered nurse and paramedic.
Members of the fire department lined the streets and joined Hinzey’s wife, daughters and family to say a final farewell.
He was 49-years-old.
- Alexa’s Late Night Weather Update
- Body with gunshot wound found ‘dumped’ off road in Hancock County
- Masks making life difficult for diagnosing children with autism, says director
- Alexa’s Evening Weather Forecast
- 6th Annual West Virginia Day of Hope all online; offering resources for people battling drug addiction