WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – The firefighting community paid tribute to one of its own Thursday, honoring a life of service to the community.
John Gregory “Greg” Hinzey passed away earlier this week.
He spent his lifetime as a firefighter, most recently as a member of the Wheeling Fire Department for 25 years.
He was also the former Chief and EMS Captain of the Neffs Volunteer Fire Department, a registered nurse and paramedic.
Members of the fire department lined the streets and joined Hinzey’s wife, daughters and family to say a final farewell.
He was 49-years-old.
- Police: Shooting outside Detroit strip club leaves 6 wounded
- Authorities: Man requested money to shoot police
- 1 killed, 3 injured in stabbing attack at West Virginia home
- Zach’s Monday Morning Update
- Last day of warmth for the Valley and the chance for rain returns