WEST VIRGINIA (WTRF) - Casting a line won't cost anything in West Virginia this weekend.
As part National Fishing and Boating Week, the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources is holding its annual free fishing weekend for both residents and nonresidents.
DNR Director Stephen McDaniel says people with licenses are being encouraged to introduce someone else to the fun of fishing.
There will be fishing tournaments Saturday at the Bowden Hatchery near Elkins and at Little Beaver State Park near Beckley.
The events are free but participants must register first.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Airman who inspired "Good Morning, Vietnam" film has died
- West Virginia hearings resume on Supreme Court impeachment
- Cameroon military, separatists blamed for 'grave abuses'
- Comcast drops Fox bid, paving way for sale to Disney