WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – To assist motorists during the holiday season, the City of Wheeling is once again instituting its ‘Food For Fines’ program.
The Friendly City will be accepting donations of five cans of non-perishable food items in exchange for an overtime parking violation.
Food for fines has been very successful in the past two years.
All citations dated December 1, 2019, through January 1, 2020, will apply.
Donations can be dropped off at the city’s finance department on the first floor of the City-County Building at 1500 Chapline Street.
- Char House on the Boulevard: A look inside Wheeling’s latest restaurant
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast
- Ten degrees cooler this weekend
- ‘Disasters don’t discriminate’: Health officials push to protect communities of color from COVID-19
- Vanessa Guillen murder raises questions about how female service members are treated